Friday, April 14, 2017

How Insurance Should Not Be

I changed my jobs and I was surprised to find out that during the probation period I would not have any benefits. They didn't tell me and I didn't know I should ask as I had not been in this situation before.
I called the company that provided the group insurance with the intention to ask whether I could buy the same insurance coverage I would have after the probation period. Also, I wanted to ask whether I could be given the same rates my company was paying. It was a long shot but why not try it. I did not get the chance to ask any question as I was told to call a different number for individual insurance. I would have expected them to transfer me, but they are a large company, one lost customer is not a big deal :).

No comments:

Post a Comment